61 REASONS TO RUN THE NYC MARATHON
1. Because you CAN! (Even though you think you can't right now!)
2. For those who can't.
3. September is a much better time to train than February.
4. To raise money for a good cause, stay in shape, and healthy for the brain!
5. I run NYC to empower myself. I also run to help the Achilles Foundation.
6. One of the first times in my life that I witnessed the most diverse crowd of people, all together - cheering - loving - supporting. Reminded me of how great the human race truly can be! BEST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!
7. Because you're fortunate enough to live in the greatest city in the world. Celebrate it.
8. Best way to explore all five boroughs of the world's greatest city.
9. Because we took "Go big or go home" seriously.
10. To be a part of the NY community.
11. Best tour of the greatest city in the world.
12. To raise awareness and funds for City Harvest.
13. Best way to see NYC.
14. Because you only race yourself.
15. Feel the pulse of the pulse of the city. Every borough gives you a different vibe and feel of the people that live there.
16. It's a block party that spans the whole city...and you're the star!
17. To experience the morning at Fort Wadsworth. IYKYK.
18. Because the silence on 59th street is only a sound that another NYC finisher marathon would understand.
19. Because medal Monday in NYC is awesome and everyone wears their medal.
20. The music in Harlem.
21. The volunteers.
22. Because you've told people to run the NYC marathon but never ran yourself.
23. Because the crowds on 1st Avenue.
24. Because you'll never have another opportunity to run the Verrazano bridge.
25. As a constant reminder we as humans can always be better.
26. To feel unstoppable!
27. Running it because of the insane NYC spirit and ambiance.
28. If you can make it here you can make it anywhere.
29. Because you have 26.2 miles worth of fans cheering you on.
30. To experience NYC come to life unlike you've ever felt before.
31. You'll never regret running it, but you might regret not.
32. 3 million strangers cheering you on.
33. Crossing the Verrazano Bridge to Frank Sinatra's New York, New York...it will move you!
34. You will accomplish something you never thought you were capable of doing.
35. I ran it last year to raise awareness and money for zerocancer.org.
36. Prove to yourself that you are mentally and physically strong enough to complete anything.
37. It's time to live for yourself.
38. An excuse to miss work the next day.
39. To see all the best of NYC!
40. If a 101 yr old man can do it, so can you.
41. Your legs work.
42. Represent your city.
43. What other reason do you have to visit Staten Island?
44. The beers at the end.
45. To challenge the mind more than the body.
46. Because I'm tired of telling myself it's something I can't do.
47. Fundraising and awareness.
48. To push your limits and raise awareness of Dup15q syndrome while doing it!
49. For a cause. One near and dear to your heart.
50. Gotta show this city who's boss.
51. For the chance to turn a challenge into an achievement.
52. Because you get to high five strangers for hours straight.
53. Because I blew it last time. #redo
54. To show off my butt in WOLACO shorts!!!
55. Because it's NYC.
56. I believe the term kids are using these days is "YOLO."
57. To raise funds and be a part of a cause larger than yourself (the pink agenda)
58. To set a long term goal that requires focus and structure on the short term day-to-day plan.
59. Because a ridiculous supportive running club volunteers at Mile 21!!
60. No better way to celebrate the greatest city in the world.
61. The entire city cheering you on!! and because you CAN!!